Thursday, January 6, 2011

Food and cooking!!

I absolutely love food and I also love cooking. My hubs is a huge foodie so I am always trying something new so we dont get bored. Tonight I made tilapia with butternut squash...it was so yummy! I dont ever cook with an exact measurement of ingredients, I just kind of wing it and most of the time my dish comes out wonderful.

TILAPIA

3 cloves of minced garlic
1 small onion
EVOO
tilapia filets
grated Parmesan cheese
pepper
garlic salt
chili powder
creole seasoning
goat cheese

mix garlic, onion, and EVOO, in a small bowl. Next season the tilapia on both sides with pepper, garlic salt, chili powder and creole seasoning (I season heavy but season how ever you feel is best) Next pour the EVOO mixture on top of tilapia then top with a nice bit of grated parmesan cheese. Put it in the oven at 350 and cook for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes take the tilapia out and top it with goat cheese and put it back in the oven for about 5 more minutes. Take out of the oven and serve it!

BUTTERNUT SQUASH

1 butternut squash
honey
Cant believe its not butter spray
vanilla extract

Cut squash in half, clean the seeds out and put it face down on a 9 x 13 pan, add some water just about a half inch of water cover and bake it at 350 for an hour. Pull out squash from over and turn over, take a spoon and spoon the soft squash into a bowl. Add about 15 pumps of butter spray and mix it, then add a nice amount of honey and mix. Then add a small amount of vanilla extract and finish stirring then serve.

If anyone has questions just put it under the comment and I will be sure to answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment