Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cajun Herb and Garlic Pasta

Ingredients:

1.5lb chicken or shrimp
box whole wheat penne pasta
3 clover garlic (chopped)
small onion (chopped)
packet of herb and garlic mix
2 tbsp pesto
2 cups of fresh spinach
2 tbsp EVOO
Cajun seasoning
chili powder
garlic salt
pepper
1 tomato (optional)

Directions

1. In a large saute pan cook EVOO, onion, and garlic on med high heat for about a minute. While its cooking add a generous amount of cajun seasoning, chili powder, garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken or shrimp to the saute pan and cook until cooked all the way. Use all your seasonings to season the chicken for more flavor. I season heavy so season it how you would normally season your food. After chicken is cooked all the way mix spinach in saute pan and mix together.
2. Mean while boil pasta and make herb and garlic mix as directed. Once the sauce is finished add pesto to sauce and then mix sauce, pasta and chicken mix together. Stir until the pasta is coated in sauce.
3. Cut up tomato and sprinkle some on top of each serving.

I hope you enjoy!! Its very yummy so yummy my husband wanted it 2 days in a row. Last night I made it with Chicken and tonight I made it with Shrimp. I totally forgot to take pictures...sorry.

Let me know if you make it and what you think :)

3 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds delicious! This kind of reminds me of the Cajun Chicken Pasta at Chilis! What brand of herb and garlic mix do you use? And what brand of pesto? I never know what kind to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you shop at publix the herb and garlic mix is on the same isle as the pasta and its the only kind they have. Sorry I forget. The pesto is in the produce section and its called Spice World. Its in a small jar...so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmm!!! sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete