Saturday, August 20, 2011

Green with Envy

I have always admired others lifestyles but as of lately I have been so jealous of what others have. I do not really understand because life has been great lately. I have an amazing husband that loves me, great family and friends and a job. Even if its not a job I love its a job at this point.

I think the envy is because people all around me are buying homes, landing their dream jobs and starting families. Now Im not ready to start a family but I am soooooooooo ready for my hubby to land his dream job so then we can save up for a house:) McHunny has been job hunting and he has testing with a fire department coming up. We are praying he gets this job. Please pray for him.

I have been praying as of today about me enving others because today I realized it is becoming a problem and I need to get over it. I believe it is ok to want or even wish what others have but to not want to speak to a person because of my envy is a huge issue in my eyes. I'm sure this will pass but for now I am trying to focus on what good things I do have in my life and there are many that I am thankful for.



1 comment:

  1. Definitely praying for you hubby, I hope he gets this job and that it's everything he wants!
    And I agree with you... why is it so easy to view what others have as more desirable? I go through times of being ridiculously envious of others. It's so easy to forget that the grass ISN'T greener on the other side.

    ReplyDelete