Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Frogs and Snakes

McHunny and I live in an apartment complex backed up to a retention pond and when it rains the frogs come up to play. Some are the cute little green frogs while others are the big ugly toads either way Seamus wants to eat them all. He has not been successful with getting any frogs but he tries. Tonight while I was walking him there were 2 huge toads that were jumping around everywhere (I wanted to scream like a little girl) and Seamus was pulling me every which way to try to get them. One day I should let him just play with them but I heard the big toad are poisonous so maybe he can play with the cute little green frogs. Speaking of the cute little green frogs a few months ago there were babies everywhere, I am talking about hundreds and maybe even thousands of little tiny frogs all over the fences and on the apartment building. I tried to take pictures to share with you guys but it was so humid my lenses were fogging up. Anyway I was so fascinated with these little creatures I watched them for quite awhile. I think frogs are cute from afar but when they get close I am out like shout ;)

There have also been an abundance of green garden snakes that like to come up from the retention pond and play around our apartment. While walking Seamus the other day there was a good size snake possibly 3 feet and it took all my might for Seamus not to attack it. I could not get his attention he was so focused on the snake. He is so fascinated with anything that moves and that he could possibly chase. Thank goodness I can over power Seamus since he is only 55 lbs but at times its hard.

Its kind of neat to see these creatures out and about sometimes make me appreciate nature...well from afar that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment