Sunday, July 10, 2011

weekend

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

My weekend was filled with homework...blahh how I hate thee! Luckily I was able to get out of the house a few times this weekend. Mostly because my husband does not understand what "hunny I've got homework to do" means but I just stayed up super late so I could some what enjoy my weekend.

Saturday I started the day with homework and then met my best friend Jenny for lunch at the Blakely House. Its an historic home that has been turned into a bakery and cafe. It also has a boutique in the cafe and upstairs is a spa. I will definitely go again I their summer salad which I was disappointed because it was boring but it was fresh and next time I will be sure to order what Jenny ordered. Jenny had chicken salad over lettuce and it looked so good I was totally jealous the whole time we were eating.

On Saturdays they have buy one get one free on cupcakes so we each had one. I got choosy mom's choose me it was delicious, chocolate cake with a peanut butter frosting so yummy. Jenny had summer lovin' which was vanilla cake with blueberries and butter cream icing (it didnt look as good as mine ;)) We sat there for about 2 hour catching up since we haven't seen each other in a few months.

After I got home I did a few more hours of homework...boring...then Josh got home around 5:30 so we decided to get a quick bite at Moe's and go see Transformers 3. It was great just as good as the rest but it was too long. My back was killing me after sitting in those seats for almost 3 hours. To end our night we went to a new frozen yogurt shop called My Mochi and wow is it the best thing ever!!!! It is self serve frozen yogurt and you have like 10 flavors to choose from then you go and put any topping you want yourself. I got 2 different types of yogurt half strawberry and half coco-nilla and my toppings were pineapple, mango, kiwi and mini chocolate chips!! Josh got original yogurt and his toppings were captian crunch, peanut butter cups, butter finger,rice crispy treats, caramel and honestly who knows what else :) We feel in love with My Mochi!! I was so yummy and everything was clean and so fresh there. We loved it so much we went back Sunday :) I keep forgetting to take a pic of my concoction but I will try to remember next time we go!

Sunday was pretty much a homework day. I did homework all day except for a few breaks here and there and when I made Josh and I an amazing Sunday dinner. I baked a whole chicken, made homemade smashed potatoes, and some fiesta corn...it was def a yummy dinner and after dinner I was able to convince Josh to go back to My Mochi :)

Did anybody do anything fun or interesting this weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment